Nice is a large city situated on the French Riviera attracts many of visitors as it has plenty to offer everyone. The city is famously known for its beautiful view of the Promenade des Anglais, diverse culture and famed waterfront. Nice has all the advantages of a major city, superb culture, eating and drinking, wonderful street life and excellent shopping. In western Europe London and nice are two very important destinations and various travel options connect these two destinations one of them is London nice train
. Other option is by plane, bus and ferries, but the best and cheapest way to be at Nice is London to nice by train.
In Europe, Nice is a major air transportation hub. Several low cost airlines offer frequent flights to the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport from London, Paris and other cities.
There are two ways to you to travel London to nice by train
and these are:
Route 1: London to Nice via Paris – You have to do is taking Eurostar London nice train from the st pancreas station of London to Gare Du Nord station in Paris and after reaching Gare Du Nord station Take TVG train to Nice, TVG will provide 5 trains to Nice on a daily basis. The journey time for this is 5hr 35min. This route is very simple and fast.
Route 2. London to Nice via Lille - There is another alternative also that is take high-speed Eurostar London to nice train from St Pancreas station to Lilly and there are about 7 trains that are operated from London to Lilly daily which take 1hr 20min. After reaching Lilly take fast TVG train from the station to Nice which take 7 hours 33min to reach Nice. There are 2 TVG trains operated daily to Nice.
How to book Eurostar London to Nice Train :-
There are two main route options by which you can travel. Route 1: London to Nice via Paris (Day and night), and second route is London to Nice via Lille. You can choose any option given above to reach Nice. You can book Eurostar from London to Paris and after reaching Paris you need to change the train and board TGV from there to reach Nice. Second option left with you is to visit Nice by Lille. You have to take London to Lille train from St. Pancras station. From Lille you have to take TGV train that will drop you in Nice. So you can easily visit this place by booking your trip with Eurostar from London. Time schedule of Eurostar London to Nice Train is given below :-
Eurostar London Nice Train Schedule:-
Weather in Nice
Weather of the city Mediterranean and throughout the year city enjoys mild temperature. Summers in the nice are warm, sunny and dry, rain fall is very moderate in the year. Winters in the city are mild, cold nights with variable weather, days either can be sunny and dry or damp and rainy. Spring start in late March with mild and rainy days and in June the climate is increasingly sunny and warm.
Culture in Nice
City is one of the oldest human settlements in Europe and hosts many of the festivals in whole year being a vacation resort. Due to its unique history city has a distinct culture and having numerous museums of all kinds. Tradition is still alive in nice especially in form of dance and music. Many famous painters are also attracted by the light of the city.
Hotels Accommodation in Nice
After reaching London to Nice by Train
You will look for the hotels accommodation in the station and city will provide you with the many best, reasonable and comfortable accommodations. Take taxi from the station and have some rest, make plans for the day with a cup of coffee. The main hotels are -
- Hotel Plaisance - It is situated in central Nice, which is one of the liveliest areas in the city. The hotel provides you luminous and comfortable bedrooms with warm and intimate atmosphere.
- The Little Palace - The location of the hotel is excellently in the center of Nice and walking distance is 3 minutes from the Promenade des Anglais, the sea and 2 minutes walk from the railway station. The hotel is fully air conditioned, offers all modern facilities.
- Amaryll is Hotel - The nice and welcoming hotel is located in the centre of city, very close to the central train station, which offers quick and easy links to the rest of Nice and attractions.
- Aria Hotel - It is located in the heart of Nice, facing Mozart Park, in the residential area. The hotel is just next door to the shops and to the pedestrian district and few steps away from Promenade des Anglais and the sea.
- Danemark Hotel - It is good value for money Nice hotel boasting an ideal location nearby the renowned Promenade des Anglais and within short walking distance to major shopping streets and centers. You can have your breakfast in this sunny facing and quite hotel.
- Normandie hotel – It is placed in the heart of city and an ideal pleasant stay. Hotel is quite attractive and nice with friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel Massena - It is a Charming 4 star with 110 guest rooms and ideally located in the centre of the city, surrounded by most renowned tourist sights of the city.
- Hotel Le Meurice – It is a charming hotel located near the beaches and the pedestrian zone in the heart of Nice.
Top Attractions in Nice
Nice is an attraction itself, the rich blue-green sea, splendid dining, diverse shopping and lovely art-deco façades with many must see spots like the Cours Saleya Flower Market, the Russian Cathedral, ancient Roman ruins and the Matisse Museum attract the tourist. Nice is considered second only to Paris in number of museums and galleries.
- Promenade Des Anglais - There are roller blading, biking or jogging and Vendors use to sell crepes and drinks here with delightful seaside restaurants
- Cours Saleys Flower Market – It is a Flower Market and one of the best attractions in the whole city. Market is operated in six days a week and replaced on Mondays by a flea market.
- Matisse museum – The innovative art of this museum is inspired by the fresh colors and lines of Nice. Henri Matisse also added some personal effects to this museum along with the amezing traditional art work.
- Vieux Nice, Old Nice - Vieux Nice is downright dripping with atmosphere and its narrow streets are a one-stop shop to take-home finds, like Provençal wares, household items, gourmet gifts, wine, clothing and more. Do not forget to taste delicious ice cream in this neighborhood.
- Le Chateau - The spectacular panoramic view of the city and sea can be seen from here. Be sure to bring your camera along with you to capture the beautiful and amazing views.
- Rue De France Pedestrain Zone - Zone pietonne is a hub of activity and best place if you need to load up on souvenirs. In this area Street entertainers are very frequent with many gourmet shops, clothing shops, bookstores and news stands.
- Russian Cathedral – This is one of many attractions in the Nice having traditional Russian onion towers of its background and the tropical palm trees in the foreground. This cathedral is the best example and provides opportunity to experience the former U.S.S.R. on the Cote d'Azur.
- Nice port - This is a great spot to watch the Corsica ferries lift off and you will find some of the hippest nightclubs of the city here.
Shopping in Nice
There are many excellent shops to visit in Nice France. One of the most popular departments store in the city is the Galeries La Fayette. The store is located on Place Massena in the heart of the city. Designer boutiques, street markets and antique shop of the city makes Nice every shopper's paradise and with the little artistic studios and curiosities shops will delight Art and antiques fans.
- Rue Paradis and Rue de Suede
- Galeries Lafayette
- Atelier Contre - Jour
- L’Atelier des Cigales
- Marche a la Brocante
Nightlife of the city is very sizzling and will provide best enjoy to both residents and tourists. Many wonderful restaurants, dive bars, cafes and clubs can be found in Nice provide you classical music and drinks. Dress code is not an issue in Nice.
- Promenade des Anglais
- Vieux Nice (Nice's Old Town center)
- Cours Saleya
- Rue Mascoinat
- Rock bar
- Nice jazz festival
You can do online advance booking for the London Nice train. Eurostar is a high-speed train which will provide you with the different classes having different rates which are standard, standard premiere and business class. Eurostar London to Nice train makes your journey very excited and interested. Book Eurostar London to Nice by Train tickets and enjoy with your family and friends.